I have a younger brother, who has a Toshiba Laptop, running Windows 7 Home Premium. He loves to play games, and as such tries a lot of different gaming websites, even some that are malicious. So, I decided to try and add a little bit more protection, I would add an “Admin” user account, so that only I could install things on his computer. But, I didn’t want to create an extra hassle for him, I needed simplicity. So I made his computer auto-logon to his “Standard” user account. Here is how it works.
- Press the Windows Key and r at the same time. (or you can click on the Start Menu, then click Run)
- Type in “control userpasswords2” (without the quotation marks)
- This will show an advanced prompt for the User Accounts.
- Select the account you want to auto-logon to, and uncheck the box “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”
- Click on the Apply Button.
- Enter the password of the account you want to automatically log into (if there is a password)
- Re-enter the password of the account for validation (if there is a password)
- The password will not be required to be entered again!